COVID Rent Assistance
The Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program may provide eligible renters with help with rent and utility bills.
Have questions about the Rent and Utility Program or your application?
Contact the Housing Recovery Support Team.
All past due payments are for costs incurred no earlier than March 13, 2020.
- Renter households with incomes of no more than 80% of Area Median Income.
- One or more individuals in the household has qualified for unemployment benefits.
- OR has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability which may include a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice.
Steps to apply:
Review required documents and FAQs - Have digital copies of:
- Proof of identification
- income eligibility documentation (required for each adult household member, 18 and older),
- signed lease and/or utility bill, etc.
Notify your landlord - Landlords will need to complete a portion of the application in order for your application to get reviewed.
Full Iowa Finance Authority page: